Our church began as a mission ministry of First Baptist Church in 1955 under the pastoral leadership of Dr. P. D. O'Brien. Within two years, the church was constituted as College Baptist Church. H. W. Bartlett served for six years as the first pastor and helped to establish the foundation for the conservative, Bible believing church that we are today. For the past fifty plus years, through nine different pastors, College has been a continuous light to the city of Big Spring. In Christ, we believe our past has paved the way for a glorious future.